Tuesday 23 June 2009

CD Mixtape

I posted the insert to this cd a while back and heres the rest of the project.
I chose to focus this project on Gypsies as the music tends to tell a story and have some sort of tale, narrative or teaching. I was also drawn towards the patterns on the caravans and clothing etc. The CD was bound in cloth to give the idea of a book due to the content of the songs and the narratives they hold
printing cd covers

The cover and back

cd cover

cd back detail

Insert with CD

cd inside and cd

Poster to go with the CD

gold caravan screen print

The cover, back, CD and poster were all screen printed. This was my first time screen printing and it was a bit of an awful experience.
Hopefully next year I'll be able to get my head around it and do some more. Unfortunately, the scan doesn't allow you to see the eggshell wheels behind the caravan too well. Sorry about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment